Sunday, May 15, 2011

When I say “I love you”





Love is when you find someone you can really be yourself with. That you can share anything with, like a best friend. It’s when you can’t even imagine what your life would be like without that person. When words don’t even come close to how you really feel, and even though it doesn’t make sense to other people, you know you’re meant to be together.

Love is when you find someone that you know you could spend forever with, as cliche as that sounds. It’s when they still give you butterflies, no matter how long you have known them. Love is when you can’t explain your feelings for someone because there are no words to describe how you feel. It’s when you would do anything to see them smile. It is so complex and simple at the same time





The best part of having a relationship is getting to call the person or lay down next to them and tell them all the crazy things that happened to you all day long. And in the end that’s what it’s about. It’s not about the sex, it’s not about the money that they give you or whatever. It’s not about how good-looking they are. It’s about listening to each other talk about nothing and everything. It’s about sitting next to each other doing completely nothing and yet the time spent together means everything.

He’ll never let you down. My mom used to tell me that whatever you do, marry someone who loves you more than you love him.


Do you ever sit and think: what if? What if he never said the first hello? What if our paths never crossed? What if you kept your mouth shut and just let things pass, or what if you would have said just one more thing? What if you had five more minutes? What if you could turn back time or make it all just stand still? What if you could say I love you one more time or never had said it at all? Where would your life be?

When a guy can handle your flaws, love you on your moody days, kiss you when you don’t look great, and say you’re beautiful no matter what happens; he’s worth loving



I want somebody to sleep with me, and just sleep. Someone to cuddle up with during a movie, on a couch. Stay up all night talking about nothing. Get lost in the woods together. Challenge me, let me challenge him. Talk about dreams, and make dreams.  Someone I can wrestle with, you know, play hard sometimes and not worry about breaking a nail or an arm. A guy who will bring me flowers once in a while, maybe a rock too or a shell of some sort. Something he saw that made him think of me, made him think “this might make my girl smile” as he smiles to himself. A guy who wants me, maybe even needs me, just a little, enough to hold onto me with everything he’s got.



When I say “I love you”, it’s not because I want you or because I can’t have you. In fact, it has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, and what you do and how you try. I’ve seen your kindness and your strength that carries you through. I’ve seen the best of you and I’ve seen the worst of you. And I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you love a guy,love him thoroughly,and be proud that YOU love that guy...atleast god gave you THAT feeling~

Balqis Zakaria said...

thanks for the comment. But I choose to refuse and try to forget :')